10 TIPS TO CHOOSE THE BEST HARDWOOD FLOORS AND INSTALL THEM.
10 TIPS TO CHOOSE THE BEST HARDWOOD FLOORS AND INSTALL THEM.
Here are some helpful tips to help you make the most of hardwood flooring.
1. CHOOSE THE RIGHT WOODEN FLOOR SPECIES & COLOR
As we have already mentioned, there are many options for hardwood flooring. It is important to choose the one that suits your decor and creates balance in your home.
Depending on your budget and needs, you can either choose solid hardwood floors or engineered ones. Before you make a decision about a wood floor, take into account different factors such as colors, furniture styles, wall color palettes, room themes, and furniture types. Before purchasing any wood floors, decide what style you want for the room.
2. ACCLIMATIZE THE WOODEN FLOOR
Acclimatizing refers to allowing your hardwood time to adapt and become familiar with the environment. When your hardwood arrives at home or work, take it out for a bit and allow it to adapt to your environment.
The natural properties of hardwood mean that it will expand or contract over time depending on humidity and temperature. This will make your hardwood take on a new shape and size.
Your hardwood will be less likely to sustain damage after installation. Here are the steps you need to acclimatize your hardwood.
- Prior to installation, have hardwood delivered.
- You should allow solid hardwood floors to settle for 7 days before installing.
- Allow engineered wooden floors to settle for 72 hours before you start the installation.
- You should keep your hardwood flooring clear of any heaters or radiators.
- Before you get the wood floors installed in your room, make sure it is completely dry. To prevent unnecessary expansion, never leave it on a damp or against wet walls.
- Leave hardwood floors unpackaged to allow them to adapt to the new space.
3. CHOOSE THE RIGHT PROFESSIONALS
For the best hardwood floor installation, it is crucial to choose the right company. Here are some key questions to ask when you're looking for a company that can do Hardwood Floor Refinishing in San Diego for installation or maintenance.
- They will keep you informed about the work they are doing and set deadlines.
- Do they give clear explanations of the procedure and install methods and give you a rate chart or breakdown for the same?
- Is it possible for them to arrange a visit to your site to assess the area and plan the action?
- Can they provide the best solutions for you and still fit within your financial budget?
- Is it possible for them to take away furniture and other pieces before they start the installation process?
- They will need to take out any old sublayers, or flooring materials.
- What will they do to clean up?
- Are they willing to help you move the furniture after it is installed?
- Will they be able to provide after-sales and cost-effective solutions?
Consider these questions as you search for hardwood floor contractors. You must ensure that your installer is skilled and willing to take on this important task.
4. USE ONLY HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS
High-quality materials can guarantee a hardwood floor that is strong, durable and lasts a lifetime. Your home's value will rise if you have wood floors that last for years.
While it is tempting to opt for less expensive options, you should ensure that the product offers good value. It's better to be high-quality than cheap, as it will save you money in the end.
5. REMOVE FURNITURE & OTHER ELEMENTS
Prior to hardwood installation, make sure you clean your floors and the whole room. An expert company for Hardwood Floor Refinishing San Diego is able to remove all furniture and perform a thorough cleaning of the area.
If they don’t offer room cleaning you can hire a professional service to clean out every dirt and debris in corners. Protect your home's other areas by sealing your doors, windows, and other openings.
6. BEFORE INSTALLATION, PREPARE YOUR SUBFLOORS
Installing hardwood floors on a layer is essential for durability and better finishing. It is essential that you properly install your sublayers. A professional hardwood floor company can take care of and prepare your sublayer.
Before you start the hardwood installation processes, make sure that your sublayers are flat, dry, and clean. You can also use a spirit to level your sublayer. Use a Moisture Meter for checking the moisture level of your sublayers before installation.
Install only if the MC is lower than 16% (for wooden subfloors) or below 6% (for concrete). If you feel that your sublayer is not sufficiently dry, let it air dry before proceeding with the installation.
7. CHOOSE YOUR INSTALLATION METHOD
There are three primary methods to install hardwood floors.
- Nail-down Installation: This method is most cost-effective and is commonly used with solid hardwood floors.
- Glue-down: This is a great method for installing hardwood flooring on concrete floors.
- Click-lock installation: This is what most people choose if they love to make hardwood floors.
To determine the best way to install hardwood floors, consult your hardwood floor installation professional.
8. BE CAREFUL WITH THE INSTALLATION DIRECTION
Your needs, preferences, and preferences will determine which direction your hardwood floors should go. By comparing and contrasting the flooring with other elements in your room, you can establish the direction.
If you're not sure how the light enters the room, it is best to follow the direction of the windows or doors. This method is a great way to bring positive energy into your space and it's a popular choice among homeowners.
9. DON'T FORGET THE FINISHING TOUCHES
Final touches are necessary as you might need to attach any flooring accessories following installation. You may need additional planks. Door bars, skirting boards, and ramps are all possible to fill up any expansion gaps. This allows hardwood floors to expand and contract with temperature and humidity changes.
If you have unfinished hardwood floors you'll need to finish them in order to give your floor a timeless and elegant look.
10. CLEAN AND MAINTAIN ALL WOOD FLOORS REGULARLY
You will also need to care for your hardwood floors after they have been installed. Your hardwood floors can be cleaned by simple actions, such as swapping, mopping, or using cleaning sprays. Make sure to clean up any spillages of liquids or food immediately.
San Diego Flooring
5447 Imperial Avenue San Diego CA 92114
(619) 658 2810